This event date is to be confirmed|
Negotiation and Collaboration at Work
Contact us if you are interested in this course
Time & Location
This event date is to be confirmed
About the Event
Faculty: Professor Bill Kahn. Organisational Pyschology. Boston University Questrom School of Business, Boston, MA, USA
This one-day session focuses on the essential nature of negotiation and collaboration in organisations. You will cover the following key concepts in both theory and practice and end the day with an individual action-plan:
- The hallmarks of successful negotiators and negotiating relationships.
- Finding the fit between negotiation situations, strategies, and styles including personal insights related to preferred styles and tendencies in conflict situations—and the implications of those styles in terms of substantive results and collaborative working relationships at work.
- Diagnosing bargaining situations at work: An experiential exercise designed to help participants understand how to approach different situations in which their needs differ from those of important others.
- Competitive bargaining versus principled negotiation: A display of a concepts and frameworks for effective action in settings that differ according to desired goals.
- Effective planning for collaboration amidst differences.
- Balancing substantive and relationship concerns in collaboration at work.
- Self awareness in the context of building effective collaborations.
- Negotiations within organisations using a practical exercise that enables participants to learn to navigate competing interests inherent in negotiating with and against other organisation members.
You can read more about Professor Kahn here
You can download the information sheet on this course here
Please read our Terms & Conditions before booking